Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Freelancer Survival Part 2 - Phone Upgrade

Evolution Of The "Monkey Phone"...



Yep, I finally upgraded my phone too. Another situation where as a freelancer I couldn't get by using broken, out-dated equipment. After being openly mocked for using a phone with an antenna, I walked into the Apple store where the sales staff mocked me one last time. I left the store in even more debt, but at least now I knew what an "app" was.

To my shame, I realize that I'm probably the last freelancer on the planet to adopt this modern technology. Obviously, going from a phone with no internet connection, camera, antenna, etc. to the iPhone was an instant benefit for my business. The 100,000 apps (some of which aren't games, and can actually be used to help run your freelance business!) are just icing on the cake. Unlike trying to get the most miles off of your computer, this is one instance where not staying current with technology can really hinder the effectiveness of your business. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment