Saturday, February 20, 2010

2010 - Is The Slump Over?



Given how 2009 went I've been shocked that 2010 has started off like gangbusters. Kinda weird how as soon as the ball dropped in Times Square that my phone hasn't stopped ringing. I've been booked almost every day since Jan 1st (at my normal rate), and not by the little guys either. This past week I turned down 2 jobs in one day because I was already booked up, and I'm also getting booked for a couple weeks at a time instead of a day here and there. This hasn't happened to me for over a year and a half. Apparently, a lot of agencies have been winning pitches and the work is pouring in. Even though there are plenty of folks waiting to be hired, freelancers are still needed to fill in the holes until those hires can be made. In addition to the new business coming in, it seems that existing clients are really starting to open their purse strings as well, which translates into even more freelance work.

I know that it hasn't even been 2 months yet, but from what I'm seeing the industry looks like it's starting to turn around. Here's to hoping that 2010 will quickly erase the memory of 2009 from our collective memories.
_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment